Oct 27, 2014

Bleach and Glitter

So I haven't done any personal animation work for quite some time now and have been trying to come up with an idea for a new short. I was going through all my old files and came across this piece that I made several years ago during an experimental animation class.



It's a scratch film/direct animation, where I drew or scratched the images onto clear and black leader film. I used all sorts of materials such as glass paints, sharpies, inks, bleach, and glitter. Then I cut the all the bits of film together and my friend, Andrew Champlin, composed the music.

I had so much fun making this film and putting it all together. With scratch film, it's kind of spontaneous in that until you run your film through the projector, you can't be 100% sure exactly what you're going to get, there's no instant gratification. You can kind of plan your timing out with 24 frames a second, but not knowing is part of what makes it fun. Hope you enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment